Living Word Academy has been formed as a loose federation of local Christian educators under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. We exist for the purpose of knowing and glorifying Jesus Christ. As individuals in Christ's body, our supreme desire is to be conformed into the image of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We are not affiliated with any denominations, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the Body of Christ.
We Believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
We Believe in all the basic doctrines of historic Christianity.
We Believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible, immutable Word of God.
We Believe that within the one Being that is God, there coexists three coequal and coeternal persons, namely, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
We Believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His substitutionary death on the cross, was bodily raised from the dead, ascended back to the right hand of the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us.
We Believe that after Jesus ascended to Heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today.
We Believe that all people are, by nature, separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
We Believe that, as believers, we are to covet the best gifts, seeking to exercise them in love, that the Body of Christ might be edified. We believe that love is more important than the most spectacular gifts, and without this love all exercise of any spiritual gift is worthless.
We believe that the Second Coming of Jesus Christ with His saints to rule on the earth will be visible, personal, and pre-millennial. This motivates us to holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God's Word, regular fellowship, and participation in water baptism by immersion and Holy Communion.
We Do Not Embrace:
- The belief that true Christians can be demon possessed
- That Christ's atonement was limited. Instead we believe that He died for all people
- The assertion that God's wooing grace cannot be resisted or that He has elected some people to go to hell; instead we believe that anyone who wills to come to Christ may do so
- Positive confession, the faith movement belief that God can be commanded to heal or work miracles according to man's will
- Human prophecy that supercedes the Scriptures
- The incorporation of humanistic and secular psychology and philosophy into biblical teachings
- The overemphasis of the spiritual gifts, experiential signs and wonders to the exclusion of Biblical teaching.